Rendered at 2014-03-12 14:12:32 UTC
2014-03-12 14:03:44 UTC
- I should find a tool that fixes the "duration" for a bunch of my old audio files
2014-03-12 13:54:18 UTC
- weird. Can't seem to get the worksheet title with Spreadsheet::Read
2014-03-12 13:46:47 UTC
- Then a single line to call one of those subs.
2014-03-12 13:46:31 UTC
- I wish I could do that with the 100K lines
2014-03-12 13:45:48 UTC
- ambrus I pulled a script they wanted us to run to validate the migration. It started with a commented-out use strict;. D: Then 10 lines of uses. Then a single variable declaration 330 lines long with anon subs and gotos and all the logic.
2014-03-12 13:42:35 UTC
- Didn't bother with a script. Just typed it out, waited 10 minutes and got the result of "migration will hose up 50% of the files"
2014-03-12 13:42:06 UTC
- SJ: wait, what was this about?
2014-03-12 13:41:38 UTC
2014-03-12 13:41:11 UTC
- Three commands is all it really took.
2014-03-12 13:40:17 UTC
- Then you rewrote it as a short sed script?
2014-03-12 13:40:10 UTC
- And decided that all that junk is better off done manually at the command line.
2014-03-12 13:39:44 UTC
- So, the conclusion to the story about that horrifying script from the other day: I finally parsed through all of what it was doing with that 330 line variable declaration and the gotos.
2014-03-12 13:28:01 UTC
- tye . o O ( get on your bikes and ride! )
2014-03-12 13:26:36 UTC
2014-03-12 13:19:16 UTC
- )) yeah, about those MadLibs, they're properly installed in my head
2014-03-12 13:17:39 UTC
- Stream of consciousness. Slight data rate mismatch there, I would think. My I/O is much slower than my data generation :-)
2014-03-12 13:16:17 UTC
- Hmm, /me wonders if Acme::Language::Generator::MadLib exists......
2014-03-12 13:15:40 UTC
- yea, in this book it's called "the brainstorm method" -write-what-you-think for example: cat cat saucer of milk cow bleh
2014-03-12 13:13:39 UTC
- Scrabble Method: throw words into a bag, shake it up, draw them out, and past them back together.
2014-03-12 13:12:49 UTC
- ~_~ strange reading
Version 0.0302 (Test)
Coding By: demerphq
Hosted by: Arunbear