Rendered at 2015-05-28 11:49:46 UTC
2015-05-28 11:37:54 UTC
- (the downside is that unless the UPS driver comes in the evening, I won't get my shiny new toy today, but tomorrow...)
2015-05-28 11:37:06 UTC
- Corion shakes his fist at UPS. Don't make me "create an account" if you want me to tell you when it's a good time to deliver my goods to me.
2015-05-28 11:36:07 UTC
- that can happen in minutes or several days
2015-05-28 11:35:56 UTC
- Corion: that depends on how quickly you notice it's stolen
2015-05-28 11:34:58 UTC
- marto: I think the window is now less than two hours for buying with the stolen card ;-)
2015-05-28 11:33:50 UTC
- That was around 3 years ago now. I'd hope things have improved, perhaps not.
2015-05-28 11:32:49 UTC
- credit card/ID theft works well for 'store cards'. A friend had his wallet stolen. Nothing was taken from debit or credit card, but ~Ł5K woth of items were purchaced on a new 'store card', within < 2 hours.
2015-05-28 11:30:55 UTC
- marto: sure
2015-05-28 11:30:23 UTC
- ambrus most credit card issuers in the UK block suspicious transactions automatically. I've had legitimate purchaces with what you'd expect to be reasonable vendors blocked, even though I told them in advance I was going to make the transaction
2015-05-28 11:29:24 UTC
- for the credit card owner that is. for the shop it does help.
2015-05-28 11:29:07 UTC
- it doesn't matter that they can't pay at _your_ particular shop
2015-05-28 11:28:30 UTC
- marto: sure, but the people who specialize on stealing credit cards know where to pay with them safely.
2015-05-28 11:26:33 UTC
- the point being with apple pay, you can swipe it in a shop, paying for whatever, and walk away.
2015-05-28 11:25:54 UTC
- ambrus most places here question card + sign, since chip & pin was introduced. Certainly any place with high value items
2015-05-28 11:25:22 UTC
- mostly because of history and hard to change.
2015-05-28 11:25:10 UTC
- sure, it's a somewhat stupid system.
2015-05-28 11:24:51 UTC
- that's why you check your list of transactions, and cancel the card if there's anything you didn't initiate, plus also cancel if you notice the physical card is lost.
2015-05-28 11:24:06 UTC
- marto: credit cards can be used without the pin too
2015-05-28 11:23:44 UTC
- or copy its number, which is just 16 digit of which the first 6 is predictable and the last 4 is on receipts so they have to read only like 10 digits, possibly over multiple transactions when you pay with it in a shop.
2015-05-28 11:23:26 UTC
- ambrus, here it can't be used without the pin (chip & pin).
2015-05-28 11:22:44 UTC
- marto: well duh, they can just steal your credit card from your pocket as well.
2015-05-28 11:20:13 UTC
- being able to trick the heart rate monitor, I accept that, but "The Watch doesnâ€™t check to make sure the phone is still around before yielding its token to the payment terminal."
2015-05-28 11:19:26 UTC
- this seems very strange to me
Version 0.0302 (Test)
Coding By: demerphq
Hosted by: Arunbear